When you access Dundas Dashboard for the first time from a client computer, you may be asked to increase the application (i.e.
isolated) storage required to operate the Silverlight-based application. The amount of storage reserved will be specific to the web server that is hosting Dundas Dashboard.
Increasing the application storage manually
If the application storage on your client computer is insufficient, the following dialog appears automatically when you launch Dundas Dashboard:
Dialog informs you that more application storage is needed.
to continue. A Silverlight dialog appears which shows the requested storage size in megabytes (MB):
Silverlight requests 150 MB of additional storage.
to increase the storage. Afterwards, Dundas Dashboard will continue starting up as usual (e.g.
the Login screen will appear).
Managing application storage
You can view and manage the application storage for your Silverlight-based applications as follows:
- Right-click with your mouse in any Dundas Dashboard screen.
- From the menu, choose the Silverlight option.
- The Microsoft Silverlight Configuration dialog appears.
- Click the Application Storage tab. From here, you can delete the storage for any or all websites, or disable application storage altogether.
Microsoft Silverlight Configuration dialog.
Increasing application storage without prompting
It is possible to silently increase application storage on a client computer to the maximum allowed value on a per-server hostname basis. In this case, no dialog prompts will appear.
Warning: The following steps require you to modify your computer's registry settings.
- Start the Registry Editor on your computer (regedit).
- Expand the key, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Silverlight.
- Add a new key, IsolatedStorage, if needed.
- Within the IsolatedStorage key, add a new key, <hostname>, which specifies the hostname portion of the Dundas Dashboard URL. For example, this might be dashsvr.example.com or www.example.com.
- Within the hostname key, add a new DWORD value with the following attributes:
- Name: AllowMaximumIsolatedStorage
- Type: REG_DWORD
- Data: 0x00000001(1)
- Exit the registry editor.
The next time you start Dundas Dashboard, no dialog prompts should appear.
Registry key and value for avoiding prompts to increase application storage.
Silverlight version 4 or below currently only runs in 32-bit browsers, which means that on 64-bit systems, the information needs to also be added to the 32-bit
part of the registry. This can be accomplished in a number of ways. One way is to add the DWORD value to the following registry key on 64-bit systems: